14 December 2011

The Manly Narrative Knot exhibition

Yesterday I travelled with friends to the other side of Sydney to the Manly Art Gallery to see the Australian Ceramics exhibitions.  There are two showing, The Narrative Knot is the members show in which selected members take part every two years and the second one, PROmotion is to celebrate the 50 years the association has been publishing their magazine.  Check the blog about the lead up to this one here.


It was wonderful to see at first hand the beautiful and inspiring works of clay artists such as Shannon Garson, Helen Earl, Amanda Hale and Marianne Huhn.  So hard not to be able to handle them!

As part of PROmotion the gallery was displaying part of its permanent collection - love those '60s pots :^)
I've always liked these by Peter Travis which I've seen before in the permanent collection.

crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge on a weekday morning

traffic was much heavier on the way home! This was after the morning peak hour.


I'm also posting this as my post for the Show and Tell Saturday for  Artists in Blogland
We travelled together, thanks for the ride Lisa :^), and this is what the 'Coat Hanger' looks like from the deck..

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

What a great trip you had, the sixties are inspiring.

carol l mckenna said...

Thanks for sharing your trip ~ am from the USA ~ so it is all new to me ~~ thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) ~ Happy AIBL

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your city photographs and the architecture of the bridge. Sculptural ceramics are so intriguing to me, they require so much skill! Thanks for sharing. xox Corrine

Anna said...

Hi Carol, Hi Corrine, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love going over the Harbour Bridge and getting glimpes of the Opera House and the water. All the work in this exhibition was just sooo skilful as well as beautiful to look at. I gave the links so as to respect copyright so hope you followed those to see more images.