22 June 2012

A bit of research

I am currently organizing a wood firing 'workshop' at the local TAFE college for the members of the Port Hacking Potters Group.
Those who have elected to take the plunge have a range of experience from none to quite experienced.

This morning I went along to see the students at the college unpack their first wood firing in the same kiln we will be using.

As you can see there were some beautiful results and I am looking forward to the opportunity to do some different work myself....

Students work fired in 'throat' of wood firing kiln

close up

peering into the 'throat' after pots have been removed

don't forget to check out Mud Colony this week to see what has been happening in fellow potters studios.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm quite fascinated by wood firing. I'd love to try it some day! It must be a lovely surprise (or perhaps not so lovely) to pull the pots out of the kiln once they're cool enough!

Anna said...

Hi Brenda
Yes, even more serendipity than most firings :^) Hope you get to try it yourself one day.