20 August 2016

Playing with clay on a cool Saturday arvo

After class today I still had some clay I'd rolled into a slab and not used (because underglaze painting took up most of the class time).

So when I got home I decided to have a play with it.

I'd often thought to try this technique but only have a small piece of this egg carton foam...

I quite like the result so far... these little teapot shaped dishes (to hold that used teabag) are cut out with a nice big cookie cutter, placed on the foam and then I used a plaster cylinder to press down in the middle and presto, a nice little dish...

I'm not quite sure what will become of the cactus... some glaze tests perhaps?

Have a great weekend everyone


4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the teabag holders. And can see the cactus as plant markers...

Anna said...

oh great idea Elephant's Child - thank you - I'll have to see what glaze I can use that can be written on :)

Linda Starr said...

what great ideas, love the tea bag holder

Anna said...

thanks Linda, this is a new version so I'm hoping it is popular as its fun to make.